202 Grand River Avenue, Suite C
Brantford, ON N3T 4X9
office: (519) 755-7736
fax: (519) 231-0136

About Chiropractic

Chiropractic is a healing science, philosophy and art. Utilized by millions of people around the world as a natural, drugless, non-surgical option for optimizing health and function. Licensed chiropractors undergo rigorous training and education to learn how to best apply chiropractic to any patient presentation that comes through their doors.

Chiropractic’s major premise is that function determines health. If you have dysfunction in your nervous system (the master control of the body), there will be dysfunction somewhere else in the body. For about 10% of the nervous system that perceives pain, this could manifest as back, neck, or other aches and pains in the body. For the other 90% of the nervous system that does not perceive pain, this dysfunction could present as improper digestion (reflux, IBS, bloating, etc), allergies, asthma, or a variety of other dis-ease states.

Another fundamental premise chiropractors practice under, is that the body has within it (in ALL people) the ability to self-regulate and self-heal. What does that mean to you? It means that you grew from two cells to the person reading this right now…without an instruction manual. You turn food into energy, mend broken bones, and heal paper cuts. There is a powerful healing potential in your body - housed in your nervous system. If there is any interruption in the signal from your body to your brain or your brain to your body, you won’t heal or self-regulate as well as you could.

When the chiropractor approaches the patient, we look beyond the symptoms to the function of the nervous system. If we find there is dysfunction (called vertebral subluxation), we know that we have the ability to correct it, and give the body its best chance to heal. In this office we go beyond just assessing the spine and nervous system of the patient, but also look to the outside circumstances that could help or hinder your expression of health; nutrition, stress management, detoxification, and physical activity. This is the essence of holistic health care; looking at the whole person, in their environment, before there is a catastrophic health crisis. The old adage from Benjamin Franklin, “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure”, speaks volumes to Dr Courtney and helps her to better serve her patients.

 

Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
7am-12pm
2pm-6:30pm
8am-10am, 3pm-5pm
8-10, 2pm-6:30pm
Saturday by appointment